Sunday, October 9, 2011

Greek Week - Celebrating Coming Attractions

As our Greek Week celebration comes to a close, I wanted to thank everyone for stopping by and participating.  I also wanted to send out a big thanks to the wonderful authors who took time out of their busy schedules to make this week even more fun. 

The gracious Jennifer Estep who holds the distinction of our very first author interview and who was nice enough to donate a copy of Touch of Frost to give away.  Elizabeth Miles who was so nice and funny.  We are sorry we missed you at the YA conference in Naperville, but promise to come see you the next time you are in the area.  Aimee Carter, who worked with us on short notice and despite my insanity.  Thank you ladies, we appreciate you and the hard work you put into the books we love!

So, all of the books we featured this week are part of a series.  We wanted to take this opportunity to close out Greek Week with a preview of the fun to come. 



KISS OF FROST by Jennifer Estep

Logan Quinn was trying to kill me. My Spartan classmate relentlessly pursued me, swinging his sword at me over and over again, the shining silver blade inching closer to my throat every time. A smile tugged up his lips, and his ice-blue eyes practically glowed with the thrill of battle …



I’m Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I’m going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I’m getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart — the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I’m afraid if I don’t learn how to live by the sword — with Logan’s help — I just might die by the sword…
 
Kiss of Frost releases November 29, 2011.  I plan on sitting down with this book soon - I am so excited! 
 
 
 
There is also a Mythos Academy short story in the Entangled Anthology: Halloween Frost. 
 
MARK OF ATHENA by Rick Riordan
 
Book 3 in the Heroes of Olympus series has a name!  Unfortunately, we have no other information, but I promise, I will gush about it as soon as more is known! 
 
ENVY (Book 2 in the Fury Series) by Elizabeth Miles
 
 
Em struggles to untangle what it means to be forever bound to the Furies, while new-girl Skylar will find out just why it’s so dangerous to covet thy neighbor’s (or new bestie’s) goods…
 
We do not have cover art for Envy yet, but I imagine it will be just as beautiful as the cover for Fury.
 
DREAMLESS by Josephine Angelini
 
You can find an excerpt on Josephine Angelini's blogI cannot wait to read this one - unfortunately, I have to wait until May 2012!  Boo!
 
SWEET SHADOWS by Tera Lynn Childs

Unfortunately, there is nothing available regarding Sweet Shadows, but I promise to post it as soon as an excerpt or cover appears (I admit that Tera Lynn Childs showed me the picture of what might be the cover of Sweet Shadows and it was GORGEOUS!). 

GODDESS INTERRUPTED by Aimee Carter

Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.
As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.
Henry’s first wife, Persephone.

Goddess Interrupted will be released by HarlequinTeen in April 2012 (according to Aimee's website, but Amazon says March 27, 2012).

UNDERWORLD by Meg Cabot (Abandon Trilogy Book 2)

I did not repost my review of Abandon this week, but you can find it here.  Book 2, Underworld will release in 2012 (I could not find a release date).  From Goodreads:

Escape from the realm of the dead is impossible when someone there wants you back. Seventeen-year-old Pierce Oliviera isn’t dead. Not this time.


But she is being held against her will in the dim, twilit world between heaven and hell, where the spirits of the deceased wait before embarking upon their final journey. Her captor, John Hayden, claims it’s for her own safety.


Because not all the departed are dear. Some are so unhappy with where they ended up after leaving the Underworld, they’ve come back as Furies, intent on vengeance…on the one who sent them there and on the one whom he loves.


But while Pierce might be safe from the Furies in the Underworld, far worse dangers could be lurking for her there…and they might have more to do with its ruler than with his enemies. And unless Pierce is careful, this time there’ll be no escape.
 
So, thus concludes our Greek Week Celebration.  Thanks for stopping by and participating.  We will announce the winners of our two contests tomorrow - Good luck to all that entered!  Until next time...
~Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment