Friday, December 2, 2011

Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich

***



Stephanie’s working overtime tracking felons for the bonds office at night and snooping for security expert Carlos Manoso, aka Ranger, during the day. Can she hunt down two killers, a traitor, and five skips, keep her grandmother out of the sauce, and solve Ranger’s problems and not jump his bones? 
I have made no secret of the fact that the Stephanie Plum series is one of my all time favorites.  I have also stated that the one-year wait between books kills me.  For this reason I have been saving up Plum books for this weekend, Books 15-18.  I kicked off this Weekend of Plum with Finger Lickin' Fifteen.
In Fifteen Stephanie finds herself single, working for Ranger and Vinnie and trying not to kill Lula, who has moved in to Stephanie's apartment.  Stephanie is working for Ranger who is having a problem with breakins at the homes of his security clients.  Lula is crashing at Stephanie's place because she is the only witness to a murder and Grandma and Lula have decided to try their hands at making barbeque sauce...
I know, I know - a perfect recipe for Plum silliness.  There were plenty of laugh-hysterically-out-loud moments in Fifteen, but I was disappointed in some of the story lines.  The whole Ranger can't figure out the breakins so he needs Stephanie storyline just did not work for me.  Also, the Ranger scenes left much to be desired...  Yes, I am a Ranger girl.  He is my main imaginary boyfriend and I accept no substitutes (I even wore my Rangeman hat the other day for fun!).  In Fifteen, Morelli and Stephanie have broken up - and that is fine with me my favorite Plums are the Ranger-centric ones.
Despite the deficits in the story, Fifteen was definitely funny and worth a read if you are a Plum fan.  Next up, Sizzling Sixteen! 
~Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment