Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (28)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that highlights future releases that we are excitedly anticipating.


By Tessa Gratton
Publication Date: August 28, 2012

Paranormal romance fans who are looking to up the ante will be drawn to this tale of horror, fantasy, and romance. For Mab Prowd, the practice of blood magic is as natural as breathing. It's all she's ever known. Growing up on an isolated farm in Kansas with other practitioners may have kept her from making friends her own age, but it has also given her a sense of purpose—she's connected to the land and protective of the magic. And she is able to practice it proudly and happily out in the open with only the crows as her companions. Mab will do anything to keep the ancient practice alive and guard its secrets. But one morning while she is working out a particularly tricky spell she encounters Will, a local boy who is trying to exorcise some mundane personal demons. He experiences Mab's magic in a way his mind cannot comprehend and is all too happy to end their chance meeting. But secrets that were kept from Mab by the earlier generations of blood magicians have come home to roost. And she and Will are drawn back together, time again by this dangerous force looking to break free from the earth and reclaim its own dark power.(

11 comments:

  1. A great pick!

    My WoW - http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never did get around to reading the first in this series! I really wanted to! They both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I've had the first one on my TBR list for too long.. thanks for the reminder! *New Follower*

    Here's my WoW @ Realms of an Open Mind

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard so much about this one, I will have to check it out.

    my WOW and international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Blood Magic just yet, but I have to say I'm really intrigued with this series. Great pick :)

    Check out our WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read Blood Magic, but I do like the sound of these books :) Nice pick.

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks soo good! Awesome pick and i am adding to my list! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't heard of this series yet. I'll have to check it out!

    New follower via GFC.

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice! I still haven't read the first one yet but they both sound great.

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good choice, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! I really want to pick up a copy of Blood Magic. It sounds really good. :) I'm not the biggest fan of the cover changes though.

    ReplyDelete