Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (1)


Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Broke & Bookish.  Today is a Top Ten Tuesday Freebie, so I’ve decided to tell you about the Top Ten Series that I stopped reading because waiting for the next book in the series was driving up a freaking wall and I decided I needed to wait until the series were finished so I could read them all at once.  If you are a regular on the blog you know that I find waiting a year for the next book in a great series pure torture.  So, without further adieu:

The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

 

 

At the end of City of Fallen Angels I seriously considered throwing my book across the room (but I can’t be that mean to my books).  The idea of waiting an ENTIRE year for City of Lost Souls was awful!  I needed to know what happened next, but as is the way with these things, I got involved in other things and was able to endure.  When City of Lost Souls was released I decided I might as well save myself the heart ache and wait for the final book. 

 

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick



It’s impossible not to love our favorite stalking angel, Patch (just ask Bel).  I thoroughly enjoyed Hush, Hush and have listened to Bel gush over Patch through Crescendo, Silence and now Finale.  I am sad that the series is over, but very happy that I can now find a cold and snowy weekend in the next couple months to immerse myself in the awesomeness that is Patch!
 
The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Dierting



I LOVE this series!  But since there’s only one more coming, I decided to wait.

The Psychic Eye Series by Victoria Laurie



Victoria Laurie has three different series.  Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye; the Ghost Hunter Series and The Oracles of Delphi Keep Series.  I recommend them all.

The Immortals After Dark Series by Kresley Cole



 This one is for our 18+ crowd.  Part of me hopes this series never ends.  Kresley Cole is an amazing writer and this series is seriously HOT!  The author just released the first in a YA series (Poison Princess), I’m excited to see what she does in a YA genre.

The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Another one for the 18+ crowd.  Seriously there are so many books in this series that I may need to take a sabbatical from work to read this one when it is finally done. 

Chicagoland Vampires Series by Chloe Neill



Amazing series.  Everyone should read it.

The Lorien Legacies by Pittacus Lore



Who knew aliens could be this fun?
 

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

 
Ok, technically I haven’t started this series, but waiting for the Vampire Academy books was torture enough, I thought I would save myself the grief and wait until this one was finished to start it.

And finally…
Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent


What series are you waiting to finish?

~Shel

5 comments:

  1. I love a good series too and also came to the same decision as you--I would wait until all the books were out before reading the series. I am much happier when I don't have to wait. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list idea! The Mortal Instrument series is the only one I've started from your list and I've loved the books I've read. I want to read the Bloodlines series too, but I'm waiting till all the books are out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is painful waiting for the next book in a series. I think that is why I am kind of getting sick of series. At least the final book in the Hush Hush series has been released so you can start that book.

    I still haven't read City of Lost Souls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one that lacks the ability to endure the torture. Thanks for stopping by! ~Shel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am horrible! I haven't even started these series yet (except for Bloodlines). Many of these came out before I started my blog, though, so I had no idea about all these great books. Great list and thanks for stopping by!

    Vyki @ On The Shelf

    ReplyDelete