Thursday, April 24, 2014

Third Degree by Julie Cross

***
I used to be "Isabel Jenkins, child prodigy." As lame as that sounds, at least it was an identity.  But now I'm not sure what I am.  I just failed the most important exam of my life - the emotional readiness test required to get into a medical residency program - and it turns out my parents can't stand each other.  Now I'm trying to figure out how to pick up the pieces of my life, and that means re-enrolling as a college freshman, but this time I'm shutting the books and majoring in being eighteen.  

But so far, my roommate hates me and I'm not into the party scene.   The only good thing about school has been getting to know my insanely hot RA.  Marshall Collins makes me wonder about everything I missed while I was growing up too fast.  Pretty soon we're hanging out constantly, but for the first time, I find myself wanting more than a no-strings-attached physical relationship.  And the lesson I really need is one Marsh definitely can't teach me: love.  Because I'm going to be alone forever if I don't learn fast.  

Isabel is a cross between Doogie Howser and Sheldon Cooper, which makes for some hilariously awkward moments.  She has absolutely no concept of inappropriate behavior or tact, so it's hard to feel anything for her.  Despite her high IQ, she's childish, immature and emotionally stunted.  I couldn't agree more with her supervisor's decision that she was not emotionally ready to be a doctor.  

Marsh on the other hand is awesome.  He's smart, dedicated, driven, sweet and understanding.  And hot, let's not forget hot.  I can't really figure out why he would fall for Isabel, he's far too good for her.  

With the funny social awkwardness and hot boys, Third Degree is an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon.  If you like new adult romances, you should check this one out.

~Shel


No comments:

Post a Comment