Friday, January 2, 2015

Shel's Top 10 of 2014


Well, with Nat & Bel already having posted their top 10's, I guess it's my turn.  I had a horrible time choosing (as I always do).  This year was especially difficult and I cheated just a little, by including to Jennifer L. Armentrout books, but I just couldn't decide which I liked more.  One book that didn't make the list, because it wasn't my top 12 list, but I loved equally with those on the list, is Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White.  It was great and you should all read it.  But enough about that, here are my Top 10 choices (in no particular order):


All Lined Up by Cora Carmack

It's been billed as Friday Night Lights as a New Adult book.  For me, I just loved Carson.  He has one of my favorite lines when discussing her father, he tells Dallas "Sometimes it's hard to see past our own broken pieces."  












Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost
   
This really should be the entire Cat & Bones series.  It became a favorite of both Nat & I this year and we love it!  Nat promised me a "Bones' chew toy" t-shirt for Christmas...














I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre


I can't think Harlequin enough for sending this ARC, I LOVE this series!  I Want It That Way is definitely my favorite, but the entire 2B series is great.
















The Bride Wore Size 12 by Meg Cabot


The long anticipated Heather Wells book!!!  I loved rejoining Heather and crew for more campus capers and I really hope there are more in the works!
















The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken


Oh my god, you guys have to read this book!  I loved it so much!  The Wager is equally fantastic, but I went with The Bet because it was first in my heart.  Seriously, we should all be so lucky as to have such a fabulous grandmother!
















Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham


I admit, I didn't read this one.  I listened to the phenomenal Kristen Bell narrate the audio book and it was just like watching Veronica Mars with the voice overs.  
















Boomerang by Noelle August


Boomerang is a refreshing bright and optimistic New Adult.  So many NA books are about seriously hurt or broken people, but Boomerang is about two, somewhat, normal people finding love.  I'm super excited for Rebound.












Wild by Sophie Jordan


The Ivy Chronicles are for anyone who loves great romance writing, because Sophie Jordan is a master.  I enjoyed all three books in the series, but Wild was my favorite.













Biting Bad by Chloe Neill
Vampires roaming Chicago with swords.  Enough said.















White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Don't Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout


I admit, I'm cheating.  I could not choose between these two.  Layla's struggles and Roth's hotness make White Hot Kiss a must read.  On the other hand, the haunting story and edge of your seat suspense of Don't Look Back makes that a must read as well.  Either way you win, really.  :-)





I hope we've given you a couple of ideas for your ever-growing TBR piles.  We here at BiblioJunkies wish you all the best for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015.

~Shel






No comments:

Post a Comment