Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Atlantis Rising by Gloria Craw

****


From Entangled Teen:


We’ve stayed hidden too long…
I am different. I have always been different, but no one can know or my life will be in danger. So I hide in plain sight, wearing drab clothes and thick glasses and trying to be invisible. I’m so good at hiding, no one has ever noticed me. Until Ian…the mysterious and oh-so-cute boy I know I need to avoid.

Now I have been seen. And more terrifying still, I am wanted—by those who would protect me and those who would destroy everything and everyone I love. But if they’re all terrified about who I am, wait until they see what I can do…




Atlantis Rising makes it onto my best of 2015 list (so far).  I was in a heck of a reading slump until Entangled sent me this unknown book by an unknown author and I figured, what the heck.  Holy Thor, this book drew me in like Chris Helmsworth's abs and kept me just as captivated.  I love the cast of characters - Alison, Ian and Brandy and all the supporting cast are great.  The story is engrossing and fun and the perfect way to spend a day.  If you enjoy paranormal YA, I cannot recommend this book enough.  

Atlantis Rising is about a waning group of people who are the descendants of the inhabitants of Atlantis.  Of course, there's the clueless heroine, the hottie hero, the fun, crazy BFF and of course, the completely psycho villain.  All pretty typical, but Craw puts it all together in a way that will have you laughing, crying and rooting for the good guys.  Craw's created a fascinating mythology of Atlantis, and I hope there are more stories to come!

~Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment