Thursday, June 4, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #31

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us ;)


What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

This week's feature book boyfriend is from The Summer Remains by Seth King. Folks, this is a beautiful book and a complete tearjerker. Thanks to author, Seth King, my heart broke into a zillion pieces. But I'll have that again because when a book comes along that brings you happiness and devastation, and still leaves you with a warm heart, well, it's worth it!

I have two quotes for you because I just couldn't choose between them. Throughout the story Cooper constantly reminds Summer that she is a beautiful soul no matter what her outward appearance is, and that he's drawn to her because of who she is. Cooper is a sweetie!  ~ Bel




"Because it's true. You're beautiful, and beautiful things don't demand attention. It just gravitates to them."

*  *  *  *  *  *

"You are so beautiful," he continued, his voice catching in his throat. "You are so special and important and elegant and smart and kind and worthwhile, and you are so much better than me and everyone else I've ever known in every singe way, and you are the only truth I have ever found in this lying world, and I love you to the floor of me, and it breaks me to imagine a future without you in it, and I just want you to know all that, just because."

~ Cooper to Summer
The Summer Remains by
Seth King
 
   
      The Summer Remains
    

5 comments:

  1. Aww wow I love the quotes I am actually going to see Seth King at a book signing this weekend and now I most definitely want to check out his books thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg melting at that second quote!! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg melting at that second quote!! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katiria, I'm so jeaous that you'll be seeing Seth King! He's my new author crush :) And yes, you must read this book!

    Julie, I do have another quote I absolutely love but I'm saving ti for my review. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time writing it because I'm worried I just can't do it justice. Hopefully I can knock it out soon!

    Thanks for stopping by and gushing over Cooper! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your quotes! They are stunning. ♥

    ReplyDelete