Thursday, August 27, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #42

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us ;)


What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?



* * * * * * * * * * * *


We think it's safe enough now to grab a quote from Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This book had Bibliojunkie Shel and many other readers ... ahem ... holding their collective breaths to find out who won Layla's heart. So if you want to avoid spoilery, go no further. The rest of you, go ahead and sigh!



“I covet you like any good demon would.” 

His other hand tightened at the back of my neck. 

“And my desire for you increases every waking second in a way that should frighten me, but really just excites me. But most of all, I love you,” he said, and my entire body jolted at the words. He didn’t seem to notice.

“I, Astoroth, Crown Prince of Hell, am in love with you, Layla Shaw.  Yesterday.  Today.  Tomorrow.  A hundred decades from now, I will be in love with you, and it will be as fierce today as it will be a decade later.”

~ Roth to Layla
Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements #3) by
Jennifer L. Armentrout

   
      Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
   

7 comments:

  1. Eeek! One of my favorite quotes from ELB. Oh, that Roth... {swoon} :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roth had a ton of great lines in ELB! I agree, he's totally swoon-worthy! Thanks for stopping by!
      ~Shel

      Delete
  2. Not reading because I don't want to get spoiled but Roth ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wated a few weeks because I hate spoilers! You definitely need to read ELB! ~Shel

      Delete
  3. Wow great quote I haven't read this book series yet but know after reading this quote I really want to read it soon hopefully. Here is my That's What He Said Thursday http://lajerseychikareadsindiebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/thats-what-he-said-thursday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karitria - you should definitely check it out. I LOVE this series, but will really read anything Jennifer Armentrout writes! ~Shel

      Delete
  4. Ooh what a dreamy quote :) Yesterday, today, tomorrow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete