Thursday, October 8, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #47

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


* * * * * * * * * * * *

In After Hours by Cara McKenna, co-workers Kelly and Erin have this intense, physical attraction that they finally decide to act upon outside of work. When I'd first read this, I was a bit uncomfortable with Kelly's very tough, alpha demeanor but his hard exterior was countered by his less guarded moments. That made him more intriguing to me. Here are a couple of quotes that stood out. ~ Bel



“There’s something between us,” he murmured. “we’re just doing what it’s asking.”

* * * * * *


“If I fall in love with you, it’ll be because I know you inside and out, and because you’re somebody I want to bet a better person for – instead of in spite of.”

~ Kelly to Erin
After Hours by
Cara McKenna
   
      After Hours
  

6 comments:

  1. Great quotes, Bel! I love to read about a tough/alpha guy but with a vulnerable side. And that cover... oh my. (fans self)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we're just doing what it's asking" - LOVE this quote, like it's out of their control. I must check this one out...

    Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy, Kelly is more alpha than I'm used to in my heroes but there's definitely a deeper story going on there in the character's personal lives. If you do get around to it, I hope you enjoy it. I was going to throw in another quote I liked but if these had you fanning yourselves, that last quote I wanted to add would have done you in! Lol! Thanks for stopping by :) ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh what a deep quote, I love guys who want to be worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh great quotes this is actually the first time I heard about this boo. And it looks and sounds fantastic and right up my alley. But I don't know if I like a guy who is more alpha than anything but if he does have a dark past than I would most definitely love reading this book. Because I absolutely love to read books with characters that have dark past. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete