Thursday, October 15, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #48

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?



* * * * * * * * * * * *

The Deal by Elle Kennedy features a lot of heat. But what I enjoy most about it is the funny banter between Hannah and Garrett. This little exchange between them is just one of the many laughs they gave me, and reminded me of the silliness that I so love between me and my hubby. They're constantly poking at each other and it's all in good-natured fun. In fact, I'm thinking a re-read is in order! ~ Bel




“I don’t have to prove a damn thing, “ I inform him. “I happen to be a fantastic kisser. Sadly, you will never get to find out.”

“Never say never,” he answers in a singsong voice.

“Thanks for that, Justin Bieber. But yeah, not going to happen, dude.”

He sighs. “I get it. You’re intimidated by my potent masculinity. Chin up, it happens all the time.”

~ Garrett to Hannah
by Elle Kennedy

   

      The Deal (Off-Campus, #1)

7 comments:

  1. LOL I love this! I got such a smile on my face just reading it. And I can't believe I haven't read this yet! It's been on my TBR since it was released and I hear nothing but raves about it.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya, READ IT!!!! ;) Their banter makes the book! ~ Bel

      Delete
    2. I'm thinking this just got moved WAY up my TBR list. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH! I looooove Hannah and Garrett ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? There were so many to choose from and it had me wanting to read it again. Thanks for stopping by! ~ Bel

      Delete
  3. Haha potent masculinity, that's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I absolutely love these lines great pick! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete