Friday, December 28, 2012

Shel's Top 10 of 2012


Hi all!  Sorry I've been a little absent on the blog.  The holidays are always a busy time, but this year has been absolutely nuts.  Throw in a promotion at work and I'm doing a vanishing act.  I promise to be better, mostly because I miss you all!
 
I had such a problem this year narrowing down my choices for my top 10 reads for 2012.  What a great year for book lovers, and if my TBR pile gets any bigger it's going to take over my entire house.  I only got in about 100 books this year and there were so many more great books I wanted to read.  So, without further adieu and in no particular order...
 
 
The Elemental Series by Brigid Kemmerer
 

 
The first two books, Storm and Spark, just knocked my socks off.  I love this series.
 
The Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep (Dark Frost and Crimson Frost)
 
This has been one of my favorite series since we started the blog (as I'm sure you can tell by my frequent ramblings on the subject).  This year brought us Dark Frost and Crimson Frost.  Both are freaking amazing.  Kudos Jennifer!
 


 















The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax by Trinity Faegen

 
 
Animal Attraction by Jill Shalvis  (And Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis and let's face it, pretty much anything by Jill Shalvis)
 
Ok, ok.  I know, but seriously, if you haven't picked up a Jill Shalvis book you NEED to.  She's supposed to be at the RT convention this year and it is very likely that I will go all fan-girl crazy when I meet her!  Her books are hilarious AND steamy.
 











Much Ado About Magic by Shanna Swendson
 

I was so happy that Shanna decided to self-publish the rest of the Enchanted, Inc series and she has not disappointed.
 
The Gallagher Girls Series by Ally Carter
 
I soooo want to be a Gallagher Girl!

 
 
Shadows In The Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton
 

Wow, just wow.  That's all I can say for now.  You will have to check out my review in February.
 
Alex Van Helsing: The Triumph of Death by Jason Henderson
 


The finale of this great series.  I love Alex so much and am sad to see him go!  If HarperCollins or Harper Teen is reading this, please give us more of this seriously fun series!
 
The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
 
 Oh Jem!  Oh Will!  I think you both need hugs!




Well, that's the best I could do to narrow down my Top Ten.  I know, I know, I cheated a little bit, but seriously, it's tough to pick just 10!  So, what are your favorites from 2012?

~Shel
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment