Thursday, February 12, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #16

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What He Said is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies at Chapter Break, where we spotlight a quote from our book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us.

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?

* * * * * * * * * *

I recently read Maybe by Amber L. Johnson and I've since been waiting to share this quote with you all. It's Tyler, the quiet, introspective musician speaking to Emily, the music scout turned love interest. You can read the review here. I don't know, this one just made me melt. ~ Bel



His palm rests against my cheek, and his eyes squeeze close while he exhales quickly. “This is crazy. I know this makes me sound insane. You know how you told me during our first interview that you’re no one’s muse and no one has ever written a song about you?”

“Yeah.”


His eyes open slowly, and they’re not angry. He’s scared. 

“You’re wrong. When I touch you, the notes we talked about? They come together, and I want to write music. I want to sing about how your skin feels and how your heart carries a beat that puts me to sleep, when nothing over the past two years has let me rest.”


~ Tyler to Emily
Maybe
   
      Maybe
    

3 comments:

  1. Love this quote. Gotta love when a musician tells a girl how he feels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? I just love this quote. ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is such a nice quote! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete