Thursday, November 5, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #51

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


* * * * * * * * * * * *

I've diligently been making my way through the On Dublin Street series by Samantha Young. Set in Scotland, this is one of my faves and it's going to take me some time to read them all because there are what feels like 50 of these books in the series! In any case, I recently read Down London Road and developed a massive crush on Cam. Hope you enjoy this little blurb!  ~ Bel


The scenario: Cam lives in the flat below Jo’s. He’s stopped by to give something to her brother. There’s something unspoken going on between them but neither will act on it just yet. It doesn’t mean that Cam won’t be a little mischievous just to put a smile on Jo’s face though. 



I set about making it, fully aware of his eyes on my every movement. My cheeks felt incredibly warm under his perusal, and I hurried to get his drink ready.  “You’re working tonight, aren’t you?” I said, handing him the mug.

“I am. But I wanted to drop something off first.” He took a sip of his drink. “Mmm, good coffee.”

I laughed softly. “The way to a man’s heart.”

His grin was wicked. “Only an easily pleased man,“ he retorted, suggesting he was anything but easy to please.

“Yeah, I can guess what it takes to please you, Cam, and this is a PG-13 household.”

He threw back his head and laughed, causing another flutter in my chest and my own smile to widen. “Good thing the flat downstairs is open to R-rated situations.”

I flushed and shook my head. “Moving on …”

~ Cam to Jo
by Samantha Young

   
      Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2)
   

3 comments:

  1. HOT~!! Anything set in Scotland is a must-read in my book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun read, those two definitely have chemistry.

    ReplyDelete