Thursday, November 19, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #53

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?




* * * * * * * * * * * *

Invincible Summer by Seth King was released earlier this week. It did to me what its predecessor The Summer Remains did - it gutted me. But I love it because it's romantic, poetic and moving. I'll have a review soon but in the meantime, you can read a bit more about it here

The setting: This interaction between Cooper and Summer is particularly touching. Why? Because he never lets Summer feel sorry for herself. He never leaves room for her to doubt that he loves her unconditionally. We would all be so lucky to have a Summer-Cooper connection like this.  ~ Bel




"I just want you to know that if the whole world fell away tomorrow," I whispered, "if the mountains fell into the sea, if all the lights went out, and all my cheesy poems were reduced to dust, you would still be enough for me. I know you think you're nothing, but you're everything, and I was a fool not to see that earlier."

She looked away.  "But I'm completely broken," she said, hiding her scar with her hand. Slowly I pulled down her arm, grabbed her by the chin, and pulled her eyes toward mine.

"And I completely love you. So what?"

~ Cooper Nichols to Summer Johnson
Invincible Summer 
by Seth King

   
      Invincible Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment