Today we are thrilled to be a part of the Launch Day Blitz for Nyrae Dawn's new sports romance Rush!
Rush by Nyrae Dawn (May 6, 2014; Forever Yours Digital Original; $4.99)
Brandon Chase has always defined himself by one thing: football. Tough and thletic, he is a great college player who enjoys the hard hits and the sweaty grind of the gridiron. But when Brandon is injured, only one person can help him get back on track - a forbidden love he's desperately tried to put behind him.
Alec Andrews has never quite forgiven Brandon for walking away when their friendship turned into something more. But he can't deny help to one of his closest friends. As the two spend the long, hot summer working together, their old attraction comes flooding back.
Now as Alec thinks about coming out to his conservative family and Brandson considers revealing he's a gay football player, the two men must be strong to fight for a love that could be the greatest rush of their lives.
Amazon B&N iTunes
About the author:
Writing has always been Nyrae Dawn's passion. Nyrae gravitates toward character-driven stories. She loves going on emotional journeys with characters whether it be reading or writing. And yes, she's a total romantic at heart and proud.
Nyrae resides in sunny Southern California with her husband (who still makes her swoon) and her two awesome kids.
When she's not with her family, you can be pretty sure you'll find her with a book in her hand or her laptop and an open document in front of her. Nyrae also writes adult romance under the name Kelley Vitollo.
Website Twitter Facebook
Check out the excerpt here:
Brandon was the one who acted first on what we felt. He was the one who touched me first, and kissed me first and told me that he was falling for me. He'd been scared as hell but he'd done it. That piece of him seems to be lost now.
As if he knows we're talking about him, Brand looks up, his eyes landing right on me. His hair is messy and even though he's not standing, I know his shorts are baggy enough that the top of his boxer-briefs sticks out, and that even though he's not in the same shape he was, his abs are so fucking nice.
He has the body of a running back—lithe, strong and fast.
He nods his head at me, a half-smirk tilting his lips. Right now, he looks like the Brandon I used to know. He holds up the ball and I know he's asking me if I want to play.
And if that's not enough to entice you, check out the Q & A with Nyrae here – we applaud the inclusion of Snow Patrol in the Rush Soundtrack! J
- A la Twitter style, can you describe your book (or series) in 140 characters or less.
A love story about two men who want nothing more than to love each other, and to figure out, and be okay with who they are.
- Tell us about your new book. It's a love story. It's probably more of a love story, rather than a romance, than anything I've ever written. It's about two people who are in love with each other when the book starts. All they've ever wanted is to love each other. They just have to find a way to do that, and to be okay with who they are. Alec and Brandon spent four summers together, in secret and now that they're older, they've been brought back together. This time, they can't walk away.
- What's one characteristic that you like to give all your heroes? Big-hearts. Some of my boys may be bad boys, but they all have big hearts.
- What would be the soundtrack to RUSH? This Years Love by David Gray, New York by Snow Patrol, Outlaws of Love by Adam Lambert, Please Forgive me by Bryan Adams, to name a few.
- What's one book you read in the last 6 months that has left a lasting impression and why? The Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd. It was real, honest and gritty. Even though things didn't go exactly how I wanted, I understood why they didn't.
a Rafflecopter giveaway