Friday, September 28, 2012

The Mesphisto Kiss: Mephisto Covenant Book 2 by Trinity Faegan

****

From Egmont USA:

The eyes never lie. No one’s eyes are darker than Eryx’s. Not even the Devil’s. When Jax and Sasha first see Jordan Ellis, they know she is no ordinary teenager. She’s the daughter of the president, after all, but she’s also Anabo — a descendant of Eve.

What they don’t know is that Eryx plans to kidnap Jordan and force President Ellis to pledge his soul. If Eryx’s plot succeeds, the consequences would be catastrophic.
But the Mephisto brothers do know about Jordan’s secret identity. And for one of them, she could be the match that leads to his soul’s salvation.

Now it’s a desperate race against time to save Jordan and prevent Eryx’s haunting eyes from discovering her true identity.

A thrilling story of romance, danger, and intrigue, The Mephisto Kiss continues the marvelous mythology that began in The Mephisto Covenant. 
 
Had you asked me last week, I would have ranked The Mephisto Covenant as one of my favorites of 2012 (thus far) and it is still in the running, but may be beaten out by Mephisto Kiss.  I devoured The Mephisto Kiss. Like the first book, Mephisto Kiss is fast paced and full of strife and adventure in the war between Eryx and his brothers.  Jordan, our heroine, struggles with leaving behind her life and boyfriend of two years to find her place and love with the Mephisto. 
 
Again, Trinity Faegan did a fantastic job writing the development of characters and relationships in a realistic way in such a fantastical world.  There was only one part, near the end of the book when I wanted to scream - "Have you heard nothing anyone has said to you in the last 300 pages?" but then I remembered that it was a fictional character, who couldn't actually hear me scream, so I just thought it - a lot.  Did I mention that I stayed up all night reading this book?  Yeah, I was a little nutty by the time I finished.  And if this doesn't tell you all you need to know, I worked 11 hours after just 3 hours of sleep, and I wouldn't have had it any other way because I could not put this book down.  If you enjoy The Mortal Instruments by Cassie Clare and Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, the Mephisto Kiss is a perfect fit for you. 
 
~Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment