Thursday, April 4, 2013

Slow Heat by Jill Shalvis

***1/2



From Berkley Sensation:

Baseball player Wade O'Riley's bad-boy image is about to be cleaned up by publicist Samantha McNead. But the sexual tension between them is about to drive Wade to his knees.

Jill Shalvis story-telling in a baseball setting = total awesomeness.  Need I say more?  Yes? Well ok.  Slow Heat is the second in this series (is it technically a series if there are only two books?).  Wade is the bad-boy catcher, who turns out to be the caring good boy who helps Samantha take care of her young nephew.  Is there anything hotter than a beautiful alpha man that is great with kids, or animals (see Jill’s Animal series for additional swooning)?  Well, that’s the combo we get here and it is sizzling hot and entertaining.  

I know I rave about Jill Shalvis, but only because she is so awesome.  My only complaint about Slow Heat is that it appears to be the last of the baseball books and I was really looking forward to Gage getting some love in a future book, hint, hint Ms. Shalvis.  J  Check out Jill’s daily misadventures and hilarity at her blog - http://jillshalvis.com/blog.  And then make sure you “like” her on Facebook!

Spring has finally sprung here in the greater Chicagoland area and this book hits the spot!  In fact, my dear brother suggested a BiblioJunkies field trip to see the Cubs or the White Sox, which I think is brilliant and makes me want to go read this and Double Play again.

~Shel

2 comments:

  1. I still hope to write Gage! :)

    ps thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love Gage's character! I will keep my fingers crossed!!!

    ~Shel

    ReplyDelete