Friday, May 17, 2013

It Had To Be You by Jill Shalvis


****
From Grand Central/Forever:

Ali Winters is not having a good day.  Her boyfriend left her, everyone in town thinks she’s a thief, and now she’s about to be kicked out of her home.  Her only shot at keeping a roof over her head and clearing her name is to beg for help from a police detective who’s as sexy as he is stern….

After a high-profile case goes wrong, Luke Hanover returns to his hometown for some peace and quiet.  Instead he finds a bombshell brunette in a heap of trouble.  As he helps Ali put her world back together, the pieces of Luke’s own life finally seem to fall into place.  Is this the start of a sizzling fling?  Or are Luke and Ali on the brink of something big in a little town called Lucky Harbor?

It Had to Be You kicks off another branch of the Lucky Harbor family tree featuring newcomer Ali Winters and hometown boy Luke Hanover.  The twist?  Ali just moved to Lucky Harbor and Luke is returning after a long absence.  Have I mentioned that I love Lucky Harbor?  I so want to live there!  You have the best old people (Lucille and in IHTBY we meet Luke’s grandfather Edward), super-hot guys (see heroes in ALL Lucky Harbor books) and beautiful scenery (I mean besides the hot guys).  *sigh*  What a great place Jill Shalvis has created!

To be honest, IHTBY is probably my least favorite of the Lucky Harbor books, which is a lot like saying “This is my least favorite bite of my fabulous chocolate cookie.”  It Had To Be You is full of Shalvis’ trademark humor and steam, and this time we have a little mystery thrown into the mix.

Speaking of, in case you missed it, the BiblioJunkes met THE JILL SHALVIS at the RT Convention in Kansas City a few weeks ago.  Oh My God, people, I met Jill Shalvis!!!!  See, there’s photographic proof!




This was taken during Robyn Carr’s party, right after Jill HUGGED me and told me she LOVES me!! I may have just told her that she might have edged out Janet Evanovich as my favorite author, which is completely true.  That’s right friends, I have achieved my life goal and Jill is totally my BFF and we are going to live on BFF island with Nat, Bel, Helenkay Dimon, P!nk and others where we will be waited on by Ranger, Green Arrow, RDJ, Ian Somerhalder and more.  They will serve us cookies and cake and pie, OH, and drinks with umbrellas!  BFF island is completely awesome. 

Forgive my distraction, I was talking about the books you should read, by my BFF Jill Shalvis.  Of forget it.  Just read this book!  Unless you hate puppies, sunshine and all things good, you will enjoy any Jill Shalvis book.

~Shel


(Please forgive my fangirling.  I promise to only do it occasionally).  

No comments:

Post a Comment