Monday, October 15, 2018

Act Like It (London Celebrities #1) by Lucy Parker

* * * * 1/2


This just in: romance takes center stage as West End theatre's Richard Troy steps out with none other than castmate Elaine Graham

Richard Troy used to be the hottest actor in London, but the only thing firing up lately is his temper. We all love to love a bad boy, but Richard's antics have made him Enemy Number One, breaking the hearts of fans across the city.

Have the tides turned? Has English rose Lainie Graham made him into a new man?

Sources say the mismatched pair has been spotted at multiple events, arm in arm and hip to hip. From fits of jealousy to longing looks and heated whispers, onlookers are stunned by this blooming romance.

Could the rumors be right? Could this unlikely romance be the real thing? Or are these gifted stage actors playing us all?




Source: purchased ebook


Act Like It came highly recommended to me by a fellow blogger. Boy am I glad I listened to her! I fell in love with this book so fast and hard!

If you have a thing for enemies-to-lovers then you're in for a good time. Richard and Lainie do butt heads a lot because well, he's snobby, gruff and above it all, right? And she's down to earth and all around fabulous. A media darling who could rescue the guy in desperate need of a public image makeover so the powers that be have determined that they should fake date. They're both equally appalled by the idea.. What made them work for me is how she sparred so well with him. She never backed down whenever he got too smug and she met him word for word. In fact, I thought she had great comedic timing. I know it's odd to say that when I'm talking about reading a book but Lainie and Richard were so clear in my mind that I could see them in motion. She cracked me up a lot and I love that she's a strong woman who refuses to be anyone's doormat.

The chemistry between Richard and Lainie is, as my teens would say, fire! I mean, throw an English accent on a guy and picture him as Richard Armitage (I do that with almost every British male character for some reason) and I'm a total goner. They're so suitably matched for each other and the sexy moments are swoon-inducing and they fade to black which makes them even sexier.

I haven't had a chance to read further into the series but you bet I plan on it. Seriously, if you're looking for a spectacular romance with wit and humour, Act Like It should be your pick!

~ Bel

P.S. I adore the heck out of this cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment