Thursday, May 28, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #30

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us ;)


What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Nat introduces us to this week's book boyfriend, Jax from Undeniable by Shannon Richard. The scene: Jax takes Grace to the house he’s been remodeling to propose. This is part of his speech to her. Sidenote: Grace is a baker and runs a café. Ahh... sweet romance!



 “This kitchen was always part of the plan.  YOUR kitchen was always part of the plan.  And it’s because YOU were always part of the plan, it just took me a little while to figure it out.  I built this house for you, every part of it.  I wanted to give you what you gave me.  Because, Grace, you’re my home. The place I feel safe and loved and wanted.  The place where all the brokenness from the past goes away and it’s just you and me.”

Jax to Grace 
Undeniable (Country Roads #2) 
by Shannon Richard

   
      Undeniable (Country Roads, #2)
    


2 comments:

  1. OH what an awesome quote!
    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing that the girl had her ideal kitchen made by the guy? Aww, that's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete