Thursday, December 29, 2011

Shel's Top 10 of 2011

I know we have been a little lax this holiday season with keeping you entertained, but we will definitely be back to devouring books and driving our readers nutes wiht silliness after the holidays.  Until then, please enjoy my top 10 list:

Here at BiblioJunkies we have been discussing what to do with our 2011 "top" lists.  How many books, etc.  Unfortunately, when it came right down to it, I could not narrow my list down to just 5.  In fact, to get to 10 I had to be pretty specific in my lists - favorite by someone other than Meg Cabot or Janet Evanovich (because let's face it, these ladies will always top my favorite book lists) and lets not forget Rick Riordan, whom I adore.  And then I couldn't narrow down to eliminate books in a series (ie The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, all of which are fantastic).  It really took a lot of thought and planning to get my list down to just 10, because I have read SOOO many truly fantastic books this year.  Each of the books below have touched (Yes, I am talking to you Suzanne Young) or entertained me and stood out among the plethora of books that I read this year.  So, here's my list, in no particular order:


The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare


The Mythos Academy Series by Jennifer Estep


Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini


A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young


Alex Van Helsing Series by Jason Henderson


Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton


Hush, Hush by Becca FitzPatrick


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay


The Chicagoland Vampire Series by Chloe Neill

I recommend all of these books and/or series.  Check them out and let us know what your favorites of 2011 have been!  Happy New Year and happy reading in 2012!

~Shel

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading Angelfire right now. It took me awhile to get into it, but I'm liking it much more now. I usually don't read paranormal that much. However, I did totally LOVE Paranormalcy. I thought it was just the cutest book! I really want to get to Juliet Immortal too!

    ReplyDelete