Friday, December 9, 2016

Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert

Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert* * * * 

In the bustling restaurants, shops, and cafés of Portland, Oregon, things really heat up for the hard-working men behind the scenes when the holidays come into town . . .

For a stationery store owner, the holidays are great for business. But for Hollis Alcott, Christmas reminds him of the tragic events of three years past, and the last thing he wants to do is take part in Portland’s over-abundance of festive cheer. But Sawyer Murphy, a hunky gift shop owner whose brother is married to Hollis’s sister, has made it his mission to pluck Hollis out of his holiday blues. And his plan is beginning to work. Wrapped in the warm glow of newfound passion, the former business rivals hit up Portland’s finest holiday traditions—and Hollis’s icy attitude begins to melt like snowflakes on his tongue. But he isn’t sure he can trust anyone with the only gift he has—his heart—without breaking it like an antique ornament. Unless he can find the courage to take a leap with the one lover he never expected 






Review:

You guys.  I have been in the mother of all book funks.  Seriously, I’ve been in book funks before but this has been the worst ever.   BUT…inevitably something pulls me out of the funk.  And almost always, that something is a new book.  Something that just grabs me by the hand and yanks me right back to all the wonderful reasons I love to read.   This time, that book was Wrapped Together by Annabeth Albert. 

Where do I even begin?  I already love the Portland Heat series.  My family teases me over my irrepressible love of the Christmas season.  The lights, the music and, if I’m lucky, the snow.  And everyone in our blog space knows how much I adore angsty heroes and forever boys.  This book was a triple threat coming in the door.  

Hollis Alcott broke my heart from the very beginning.  His loneliness was palpable and I just wanted to hug his exacting morose self.  But before my heart could shatter and force me back into my book funk, the always happy and lover of all things fun, enters.  With Sawyer, the mood is never too somber and the festive spirit of the story never wanes.  Sawyer’s sole purpose this holiday season is to use family and all the other things he loves to help draw Hollis back into embracing the holidays.  And no matter how hard Hollis tries to resist he finds himself drawing in some of that festive spirit.   The problem is that opening his heart to the holidays also means opening his heart to the people he loves most.  Which of course leads to romantic entanglements, attachments and misunderstandings.

As you can tell, this book hit the spot.  Immediately upon finishing the last page, I returned to page one and read it all again.  I don’t think I have EVER done that.  And you can bet that there will be another re-read before Christmas.   

If you are a fan of Christmas romance, you MUST pick this one up! 


Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment