Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Book Trailer


Shel and I have discussed book trailers a number of times.  She hates them.  Mostly because she hates any kind of spoiler (knowing that the word "and" is in a book is a spoiler to her - she is so going kick my butt for saying that).  I am not a big fan either.  Spoilers don't bother me too much.  For me, there is something about book trailers that always feels wrong.  No offense to the awesome actors and videogrophers that make these videos.  I don't know what it is.  Maybe I am just too used to the gloss of Hollywood.  Which really is an unfair comparison as a trailer for a book is always going to be considerably different than a trailer for a movie.  Well whatever it is, the trailer for Michelle Hodkins' The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer has taken me by complete surprise.  It is FRAKKIN' AWESOME.  Seriously.  5*'s to the trailer alone.  And I haven't even read the book...yet.  It will be released next week and I will be picking it up as soon as I can.  So check it out and tell us what you think of this trailer and book trailers in general.



No comments:

Post a Comment