We may have mentioned that we met Tera Lynn Childs and Sophie Jordan last fall at the Magic Tree Bookstore. We had the chance to talk with these two awesome ladies for quite a while and it was a blast! I think we pretty much covered every subject under the sun - including books, boys and pie. At the time Tera mentioned a salsa/dip she made with cucumbers. I was intrigued. It sounded delicious. I meant to ask her for the recipe but the conversation moved onto something else and I completely forgot.
When we were planning fun things to do for Tera week I suggested asking for a favorite recipe. Our previous conversation for some reason didn't occur to me so my subconcious must have been at work. My subconcious must have also be talking to Tera's subconcious because she sent the recipe! Seriously. Coolest. Author. Ever.
So here is the recipe along with photos of my first attempt of the deliciousness that is....
TLC's Yummy Green
|Looks so summery!|
· 1 cucumber
· 1 tomatillo
· 1 ripe avocado
· 1 jalapeno pepper
· ½ Cup fresh cilantro
· 1 Tbsp lime juice
· 2 tsp garlic powder
· 1 tsp salt
1. Peel cucumber and cut into cubes.
2. Remove tomatillo husk and stem.
|So THAT's what a tomatillo looks like on the inside...|
3. Remove avocado rind and pit. (I cut it into quarters, pull out the pit, and then peel off the rind.
4. Remove jalapeno seeds and stem.
|Pretty green chopped veggies...|
5. Place all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend until smooth with small chunks.
|I doubled the recipe. Good thing I didn't try to use the mini-chopper. It wouldn't have fit! |
6. Season to taste.
|I almost forgot the lime!|
7. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips. (I prefer Baked Tostitos Scoops.)
|A double batch made 4 cups. That is a LOT of delicious flavor!|