Thursday, June 18, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #33

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review

That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend it's us ;)


What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Here's this week's quote, chosen by Shel from One More Shot by Victoria Denault. It's a hockey romance and a great choice since today's the Chicago Blackhawks Parade and Rally to celebrate their Stanley Cup win! (Us BiblioJunkies are just glad that we're not on the morning commutes into the City. Trains are packed and things will be very lively downtown!).

Anyway ... enjoy this snipet from Jordan to his one true love, Jessie.  




"Do you know how many people I slept with since you ran away?"  I ask hotly, and then go on before she can answer.  "Because I don't.  But not being able to remember all of them was one hell of a wake-up call."

"Do you know what I learned from the last six years?  I learned that nothing can replace you.  Nothing.  I thought I was sleeping around because I wanted to avoid feeling something for someone, because you had destroyed me and I didn't want to be that vulnerable ever again.  But I was kidding myself."  I take a breath because my heart is pounding in my ears.  Jessie is just staring at me, so I go on.  "I was trying to find something to numb the pain.  Because it never left.  I never stopped missing you.  I never stopped needing you.  There was a constant ache in my chest for you.  I tried to convince myself it was anger, but it was love.  And no one could fix it.  You're the only one who can fix it."

~ Jordan to Jessie
One More Shot (Hometown Players #1) by
Victoria Denault
   
      One More Shot (Hometown Players, #1)

1 comment:

  1. Aww a constant ache. Great pick, thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete