Thursday, October 29, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #50

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?



* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Shel picked today's quote and it comes from an author who is a permanent guest on our BFF Island, Jill Shalvis. It just so happens that today is National Cat Day, so how fitting that our book boyfriend, Dell is a successful vet. And look - there's even an adorable cat on the cover! 



“I just wanted you to never be afraid again.  To believe in yourself.  And then, when that started happening, when you started gaining confidence, I realized the truth.  It was happening, exactly what I wanted – you were learning to live without fear and getting strong… so that you could leave.  I was helping you leave.”  

Letting out a low laugh, he pressed his forehead to hers.  “Christ, that sucked.”  He tilted his head and kissed her gently, eyes open, locked on hers.  “I love you,” he breathed.  “I love you so goddamn much it hurts.”

~ Dell to Jade
by Jill Shalvis

   
      Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)
   

4 comments:

  1. Aw, that first quote just breaks my heart for him. :(

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote, Shel! And I agree with Tanya. It does break my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, that's so sweet! And bonus points for being a vet! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that first quote. So powerful.
    But the cover is a bit on the creepy side.

    ReplyDelete