Thursday, December 17, 2015

That's What HE Said Thursday #55

Image courtesy of Kei at The Lovely Pages Review
That's What HE Said is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful ladies at Chapter Break. It's a chance for us to spotlight and gush over a quote from our current book crush to the object of his desire. We like to pretend he's speaking to us ;)

What better way to celebrate our book boyfriends?


* * * * * * * * * * * *

Ever since I first read Eleanor & Park, I’ve been in love with Rainbow Rowell’s writing. I’m making my way through her books, recently finishing Landline. You guys, this was so sweet and funny and nostalgic! And how's this for perfect timing: it's set around Christmas!

In this particular scene (which is a memory that Georgie is recalling), she and her boyfriend Neal are at the beach. Georgie, at Neal’s request, has just listed all the many things she wants in life. He's quietly entertained as he patiently listens. And then he hits her with this honest and romantic truth. I love it!


He swallowed and reached out to touch her face with his free hand.  It was cold, and sand fell from it onto Georgie’s neck.  “I think I want you,” he said.

Georgie squeezed the hand he was holding to his chest, and used it as an anchor to pull herself closer. “You think…

Neal licked his bottom lip and nodded. “I think…” The closer she was, the more he looked away. “I think I just want you,” he said.

“Okay,” Georgie agreed.

Neal looked surprised – he almost laughed. “Okay?”

She nodded, close enough to bump her nose up against his. “Okay. You can have me.”

He pushed his forehead into hers, pulling her chin and mouth back. “Just like that.”

“Yeah.”

“Really,” he said.

“Really,” she promised.

~ Neal to Georgie
Landline by Rainbow Rowell

   
      Landline
   

No comments:

Post a Comment