Friday, November 7, 2014

Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer

***

One misstep and they lose it all. For the last time.
Michael Merrick is used to pressure.
He's the only parent his three brothers have had for years. His power to control Earth could kill someone if he miscalculates. Now an Elemental Guide has it out for his family, and he's all that stands in the way.
His girlfriend, Hannah, gets that. She's got a kid of her own, and a job as a firefighter that could end her life without a moment's notice.
But there are people who have had enough of Michael's defiance, his family's "bad luck." Before he knows it, Michael's enemies have turned into the Merricks' enemies, and they're armed for war.
They're not interested in surrender. But Michael isn't the white flag type anyway. There will be blood on the ground tonight. . .



I love this series.  I loved Storm, Spark, Spirit and Secret.  I love the Merricks.  I love the secondary characters.  I love Becca.  I like Quinn and Adam.  I really wanted to love Sacrifice.  I was fully prepared to love Sacrifice.  And I liked Sacrifice, I just didn't love it.  The suspense and mystery were great.  I loved being back with the Merrick brothers and Hunter and even Tyler.  Becca and Quinn were absent and it certainly detracted from the story, but understandably, because this was Michael's story.  I've always said that Michael seriously needs hugs, lots and lots of hugs and it's definitely true in Sacrifice.

My biggest problem with Sacrifice was that the climax and resolution of the story came out of nowhere and felt forced.  There were all these great twists and turns and then BAM, out of no where, it's all over and how it ends is shocking, but not shocking in a good way, just forced and shocking.  

You may not feel this way.  You may read Sacrifice and come back here and say that I'm on crack - and that's cool.  To each their own.  Maybe on my second reading I will learn to love it.  I really hope Brigid Kemmerer writes more Elemental books.  I will re-read them all, over and over again and hold them close to my heart...

~Shel

No comments:

Post a Comment