We are thrilled to be a part of the Looking for Love Blog Tour! To celebrate the release of their latest works, Erin Kern and Molly Cannon stopped by to talk about their Top 5 Favorite Things About Summer.
Erin Kern is the author of the Trouble series (Looking for Trouble, Here Comes Trouble and Along Came Trouble).
Erin's Top 5 Favorite Things About Summer:
5. Sunsets - Although Texas has some of the most spectacular sunsets around, there's something about the sun disappearing behind the Wyoming foothills.
4. The sound of locusts - This might be a strange one to some of you, and this really has nothing to do with my writing. But anyone who's lived in Texas or spent a summer here, knows what I'm talking about. For me, it's summer's soundtrack.
3. Lightning bugs - Again, a Texas thing. Actually not sure if they get these in Wyoming. But put yourself in a wooded area in Texas, in the summer, and you're bound to see some lightning bugs. And, want to go one even better? Try catching one in a Mason jar. Now, that's summer!
2. Swimming - Specifically in a local lake, which we have a ton of in Texas. But I love a good romance where the H/h take a cooling dip in a lake. At night. With lightning bugs in the trees.
1. Road trips - Who doesn't love just hopping in the car and going wherever impulse takes you? Sort of what Avery does in Looking for Trouble.
Molly Cannon is the author of Ain't Misbehaving and Crazy Little Thing Called Love.
Molly Cannon's Top 5 Favorite Things About Summer
1. Vacation. Getting away from it all whether it is visiting family or exploring some place new. I love having a break in the regular routine. Staying in a nice Bed & Breakfast like the Hazelnut Inn is always one of my favorite things to do!
2. Going barefoot! While many of my friends are crazy about shoes, I'm crazy about not having to wear them at all. Barefoot is my footwear of choice.
3. Flowers! I love seeing all the colors popping up in my yard. White daisies, purple irises, orange day lilies, pink vincas - ah! I get such joy filling all the pots on my patio with as many different plants as possible, so when the Hazelnut Inn needed to be spruced up quickly, Noah designs flowering container plantings to fill the porches and patios.
4. Snow cones. To say Texas summers are hot is an understatement. Nothing is better for cooling down on a hot, lazy afternoon than a cherry snow cone. Luckily, I have a drive thru stand close to my house, so that helps with the lazy part.
5. Cook outs with family and friends. BBQ, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, potato salad, baked beans, and homemade ice cream - throw in a cold beer or a pitcher of iced tea and I'm a happy camper. Donny Joe's Ham in the Hole takes it to a whole other level.
Thank you ladies! We couldn't agree more, we love all the food, friends and lovely memories of summer (but especially the food)!
For more information about Erin, Molly and their books, go here:
Check out Erin's website here: http://erinkern.webs.com.
Check out Molly's website here: www.mollycannon.com.
Or stop by the Forever Romance website: www.forever-romance.com.
We hope you all have a fabulous summer weekend! Don't forget to check out our giveaways happening all month long to celebrate our 2nd birthday!